SKYSIDE “FIND YOUR FREEDOM” CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALCOHOL IS NOT A PRIZE. MUST BE 21 TO ENTER.
ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, READ CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
THE Skyside “Find Your Freedom” Contest (THE “CONTEST”) BEGINS AT 12:01 A.M. ET ON JUNE 6 2021 AND ENDS AT 12:00 A.M. ET ON JULY 14 2021(“ENTRY PERIOD”).
1. ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open only to legal residents age twenty-one (21) or older at time of entry who are legal residents of the United States (excluding Alabama, Indiana, Maine, Michigan, Montana, North Carolina, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Wisconsin, West Virginia, Puerto Rico, and all U.S. Territories and Possessions and oversees Military Installations) . Employees and their immediate family members (defined as spouses, parents, siblings or children) of Moët Hennessy USA Inc. (“Sponsor”), and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, distributors, wholesalers, and advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Void elsewhere and where prohibited by law. All Entrants (as defined below) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor shall be final and binding. All Entrants must release Sponsor, Instagram and each of their respective parent and affiliated companies and all other businesses involved in this Contest (“Released Parties”), as well as the employees, officers, directors, shareholders, representatives, agents, successors and assigns of each, from all claims, liability, lawsuits, costs, expenses, fees, injuries (including death), losses, and damages relating to their participation, acceptance and use of any Prize (as defined below). Entrants assume all liability for any injury or damage, including death caused or claimed to be caused by participation in this Contest or use or redemption of Prize. Void where prohibited or restricted. Winning a Prize is contingent on fulfilling all requirements in these Official Rules.
2. HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST: INTERNET ACCESS NECESSARY TO ENTER FOR A CHANCE TO WIN. The Contest can only be entered online. To enter the Contest, each Contest entrant (“Entrant”) must have a valid Instagram account linked to a valid email address. A free Instagram account can be created by visiting http://Instagram.com and following the appropriate link to set up an account.
Entrant must post a photo and caption to their Instagram account of what freedom means to them utilizing the hashtags #skysidecontest and tag @skysidewines in the caption and in their submitted photo (“Entry”).
Entry may not include:
- Any brand, trademarks, trade dress or logos other than Skyside
- Anyone under the age of 25
- Any imagery that appeals to those under 21 or promotes underage drinking
- Anything illegal, sexually suggestive or explicit, inappropriate as deemed by Sponsor or promoting the over consumption or abuse of alcohol,
- Copyrighted materials owned by others, without permission,
- Materials embodying the names, likenesses, voices, or other indicia identifying any person, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead;
The Entrant must lawfully have rights to the Entry, which must be original to the Entrant, not previously published, previously won awards or infringe upon or violate the rights of any third party. Entries that violate any of these terms will be disqualified.
Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the administration of the Contest or in the announcement of any Prize. Limit one entry per person. Should a dispute arise regarding the identity of the Entrant, the authorized account subscriber of said Instagram account at the time of entry will be considered the Entrant. “Authorized account subscriber” as it relates to Instagram is defined as the natural person who is assigned the email address associated with the Instagram account by the service provider. Potential winners (defined below) may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, damaged or misdirected entries.
3. WINNER SELECTION: The judging panel, selected by Sponsor, will score each eligible entry received during the Entry Period based on the following criteria:
a. Creativity (20%)
b. Originality and innovativeness of message (20%)
c. Expression of the subject matter of freedom (25%)
d. Representative of the brand’s values of Californian beauty, freedom, accessible elegance, high quality, diversity and enjoyment (25%)
e. Use of the hashtag #skysidecontest and tag @skysidewines in the caption and in their submitted photo (“Entry”) (10%)
Up to twenty-five (25) potential winners, who have received the highest scores based on the judging criteria (each, a “Potential Winner”) selected from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period will be notified within ten (10) business days of their Entry being selected via Instagram direct message. Upon successful completion of all Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within five (5) business days of notification, each potential winner will become a “Winner,” and collectively the “Winners”). A total of up to twenty-five (25) prizes will be awarded. Up to Twenty-four (24) Winners will be awarded one (1) wine holder each (the “Prize” collectively the “Prizes”). One (1) Winner will be awarded the grand Prize of one (1) trip for two (2) to Joshua Tree, California (“Grand Prize”). The “Grand Prize” includes Return travel allowance of $800 to the Merchant on the Road Airstream, Joshua Tree; 2 nights’ accommodation in the Merchant on the Road Airstream; $1,000 spending money; A Go Pro Hero 7 and Selfie Stick.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period. Winner is responsible for all applicable federal, state, local sales and income taxes and any costs, expense(s) or fees whatsoever in connection with the prize not specifically provided herein. If the actual value of a prize is lower than ARV stated in these Official Rules, the difference will not be awarded in cash. In the event that, for reasons beyond their control and not related to the Winner, the Sponsor is unable to award any prize as described in these Official Rules, they will substitute the prize with another prize of similar nature and equal or greater value at their sole discretion. The prize is non-assignable and non-transferable and is not redeemable for cash. If a Potential Winner(s) is/are unable to accept a prize in its entirety for any reason, the Potential Winner(s) will forfeit the prize and the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner(s). All prizes are guaranteed to be awarded, assuming a sufficient number of eligible entries are received. All Entries and Potential Winners are subject to verification by Sponsor and administrator, whose decisions are final and binding.
Grand Prize Winner must redeem their Grand Prize within one year of notification of winning. At least six (6) weeks’ advance notice of preferred date of stay must be given. The Grand Prize cannot be redeemed during the following dates: Valentine’s Day, Christmas, New Year’s Eve, Easter, and Public Holiday periods in the USA.
By accepting a prize, the Winners irrevocably grant Sponsor the right and permission (except where prohibited by law) to use Winner’s name, prize won, Entry, likeness, photograph, voice, address (state) and biographical information in any media throughout the world in perpetuity for purposes of advertising, online posting, promotion and publicity in connection with the Contest without additional compensation.
4. PRIZES & APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARV”): The judging panel will select up to twenty-five (25) Potential Winners. The Potential Winner with the highest score will receive the Grand Prizes. The Grand Prize Winner will receive one Grand Prize of one (1) trip for two (2) people to Joshua Tree, California. The Grand Prize includes Return travel allowance of a total of $800 for themselves and a guest via a Sponsor-selected mode of transport from the Grand Prize Winner’s residence to California, and two (2) nights’ accommodation (hotel selected by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion). Guest that accompanies Grand Prize Winner must depart from the same major commercial airport and both parties will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility and liability and must confirm that they are 21 years of age or older. Total ARV up to $4,000.00 (depending on point of departure). The twenty-four (24) Potential Winners with the next highest scores will each separately receive one (1) wine holder worth $29.50 each. Total ARV of Prizes $708.00. The total ARV of all prizes is $4,708.00.
Alcohol is not a part of the Prize. All expenses not specifically mentioned herein are not included as part of any prize and are solely the Winners’ responsibility, including, but not limited to ground transportation, parking fees, food and beverages.
ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE).
5. WINNERS NOTIFICATION: Potential Winners will be notified via Instagram direct message. If any of the Potential Winners do not respond to the email and complete and return an electronic Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release with digital signature within five (5) days of sent date, it will result in disqualification, and the Prize will be awarded to an alternate Potential Winner in a separate random drawing. Entrants are responsible for notifying Sponsor of changes in email and/or home addresses.
Upon timely receipt of the completed Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release, Sponsor will confirm selection of the Winner by email.
7. GENERAL: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify (or terminate the Prize of) any individual who is found to be, or suspected of, acting in violation of these Official Rules. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned, or if this Contest, Instagram, or any Website associated herewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper playing of the Contest and processing of entries in accordance with these Official Rules, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by Entrants, fraud, technical failure, or any other causes, in the Sponsors’ sole opinion, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsor reserve the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest or any portion thereof. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Contest as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, earthquake, pandemic, explosion, labor dispute or strike, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal, state, or local government law, order, or regulation, or order of any court or other cause not within Sponsor’s control, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, extend or terminate the Contest and/or replace any prizes with another prize of similar nature and equal or greater value. If a cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension occurs, notification will be posted on www.skysidewines.com. If cancelled, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a random drawing to award Prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to such cancellation. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify Entrants who violate these Official Rules or interfere with this Contest in any manner and terminate such Entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Contest. Any attempt by an Entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage the Entry Site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and/or civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
8. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By entering, Entrants agree to (i) comply with these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements; and (ii) release, defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Released Parties from any and all liability, claims, actions, injury, death, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participating in this Contest, from participating in any Contest-related activity or from the acceptance, use or misuse of any Prize awarded. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrant, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged, misdirected or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize. The Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable entries or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Released Parties are not responsible for any typographical/other error in entries, selection announcement or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with this Contest.
9. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, Entrants agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; (3) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased; and (4) Entrant waives all right to trial by jury. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A. without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules.
10. SPONSOR: Moët Hennessy USA, 85 Tenth Ave, 2nd Floor, NY, NY 10011.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram, or any other social media platform and Sponsor and entrants hereby release Instagram from any and all liability, loss or damage resulting from administration of, communication of, or participation in, the Contest. Entrants are providing information to Moët Hennessey USA and not to these social media platforms or any other party.
// End of Official Rules //
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. ODDS VARY DEPENDING ON ENTRANTS. OPEN TO 21+RESIDENTS OF U.S. STATES (EXCLUDING Alabama, Indiana, Maine, Michigan, Montana, North Carolina, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Wisconsin, West Virginia, Puerto Rico, and all U.S. Territories and Possessions and oversees Military Installations) Contest begins JUNE 6 2021 and ends JULY 14 2021. Enter by posting a photo of “what freedom means to you” on Instagram tagging #skysidecontest and @skysidewines for a chance to win a wine holder prize or trip for two to Joshua Tree grand prize. Winners announced on AUGUST 2 2021. ALCOHOL IS NOT A PART OF THE PRIZE. Contest not sponsored, endorsed or administered by Instagram.
For Official Rules, go to www.skysidewines.com. ARV of each Prize: $4,000.00 or $29.50. Total ARV of all Prizes $4,708.00. Sponsor: Moët Hennessy USA, NY, NY.